EZ of Use . Clean . Quiet . Light . Efficient . Safe . Reliable . Affordable
A growing number of boat owners favour electric propulsion to power their recreational boats, dinghy, kayakers, tender boats, fishing boats, catamaran, pontoons and cruisers. Electric propulsion outboard makes boating experience very fun and pleasant thanks to the ease of use, absence of engine noise, gas fumes and vibrations, and the bilge stays nice and clean with no oil or grease fouling the timber. With 90% fewer moving parts there is little that can wear out or break down, making electric motors a reliable and viable option for small boats. EZ Outboards are Pure Electric Propulsion, focused on 20hp or lower power ranges which require less battery capacity and more affordable for boat owners. Our electric propulsion outboards are uniquely designed and engineered for the highest energy efficiency, maximum safety and virtually Maintenance Free.
|EZ Outboard Key Features|
|Electric Propulsion||Zero Emission|
|Economical Saving||Zero Fuel|
|Extreme High Efficiency||Zero Odor|
|Extraordinary Durable||Zero Maintenance|
|EZ to Use|
|Easy to Setup and Operate:Power Button and Throttle|
|Multi-Speed Modes, Programmable Controller|
|Support Tiller or Remote Steering Control in Single Machine|
|Adjustable Transom Lengths: Long,Medium,Short (All-in-One)|
We come up two series of pure electric outboards: one we called Sports and Commercial Series for those who want fast boat speeds as drived by gasoline outboards, the propeller speeds are between 2500-2800rpm; another we called Leisure Series for those who need slower boat speeds, larger thrust force and less batteries required, very light in weight(15kgs - 22kgs) and quick setup (30 seconds only), the propeller speeds are between 1200-1600rpm. Both series of electric propulsion outboards are equiped with our patented brushless and gearless drive motors, direct drive without speed reduction gear from motor to propeller, highest reliability and energy efficiency guaranteed. All EZ outboards support both tiller steering control, and remote steering control via teleflex cable same way as used in gasoline outboards. Any single outboard readily caters for both control methods. You can choose either control method at the same price!(E for Electric Propulsion, Z for Zero Pollution, EZ also for Ease of Use) is our new brand name for our innovative design electric propulsion outboards (international patented). Its patented gearless, brushless, shaft-less design makes it very efficient, reliable, quiet, light, compact, and cost saving. The new designs also take consideration of compatibility of installation, teleflex remote control and exchangeable propellers with conventional gasoline outboards. The BLDC motors and controllers are optimally designed for electric outboards use with motor speeds (2000rpm-2800rpm) matching to common propellers without speed reduction gears, so you can get the same boat speeds as by gasoline outboards with equivalent horse powers. EZ outboard shaft length is All-in-One size, user adjustable between long and short to cater for different boat installations, boat loads which may vary dynamically from time to time. This useful feature makes boat builders, owners and outboard dealer's business much easier, no more confusion on shaft lengths, no more excessive stock for long and short shaft outboards! The motor controllers are sinewave technology guaranteed smoothness control, and programmable via PC or smartphones to setup speed limit, maximum current, lower voltage limit as you wish to meet your needs and local authority's regulations, whether 9.9hp or 10hp, you can program it! Its real performance and rich features will be beyond your expectation.
Learn to Operate It in Minutes! Smooth Control Assured.
One EZ Outboard Serves Multiple Purposes: Sporting, Cruising, Trolling
Sports Series Features: Pursuit of Speed, Sports Experience
1) Propeller speeds are comparable to conventional gasoline/diesel outboards.
2) High-power high-efficiency brushless DC drive motor (3KW-10KW) provides strong continuous thrust
3) Gearless transmission, no speed reduction mechanism, making the design more concise, quiet, durable, and energy-saving
4) Long/short shaft All-in-One, users can adjust the installation depth and angle at any time to optimize the propulsion efficiency
5) Remote/Tiller control compatible interface, users can freely choose/switch control modes
6) 3-speed selectable modes: Sports / Cruise / Eco power saving, suitable for different use scenarios, to achieve a multi-purpose
7) Internal circulation cooling system similar to the car, which improves the life of the pump and is maintenance-free. Use the car's universal coolant to suit the local climate
8) Adopting the general-purpose gasoline engine propeller mounting interface, it is more convenient and economical to replace propeller
9) FREE smartphone meter display APPs, available in both Android and iOS versions:
10) Open support for any 48Vdc battery systems, users are free to choose a local battery suppliers
11) Machine installation is common with gasoline engines, simple and maintenance-free
12) The prices are equivalent to the four-stroke gasoline engine, affordable, and truly create values for users
Leisure Series Features: Ultra-Light, Large Thrust Force, Power Saving
1) High thrust force, slower speed, power saving, very suitable for leisure boats. 2) There is no need of expensive large battery packs
3) Brushless, high torque drive motor (2KW-6KW) for strong continuous thrust force
4) Gearless, no speed reduction mechanism, making the mechanical design more concise, quiet, durable, and energy-saving
5) Long/short shaft All-in-One, users can adjust the installation depth and angle at any time to optimize the propulsion efficiency
6) Remote/Tiller control compatible interface, users can freely choose/switch control modes
7) 3-speed selectable modes: Sports / Cruise / Eco power saving, suitable for different use scenarios, to achieve a multi-purpose
8) FREE smartphone meter display APPs, available in both Android and iOS versions:
9) Open support for any 48Vdc battery systems, users are free to choose a local battery suppliers
10) Machine installation is common with gasoline engines, simple and maintenance-free
11) The prices are equivalent to the four-stroke gasoline engine, affordable, and truly create values for users
How do I determine the capacity of the battery pack needed?
Battery is the new form of "fuel" for electric propulsion outboards, you never need to go to gasoline station to refuel your outboard anymore. You only need to recharge your batteries at home or docking place.
Once you've chosen an electric outboard that properly fits the weight and efficiency of your loaded boat, the next task is to size the battery bank that will store the energy to drive it. The size of the battery bank will depend on the amp draw you plan to regularly place upon it and the range of miles you desire to travel. It is not easy to know the current draw before you try it as each boat is diffrent from others in hull shape, length, load, speed and daily operation hour you want, not like electric cars which is fixed for each car model in factory. Our expandable battery modules will make your life much easier to determine how big the battery bank you need to meet your purpose. You can just buy one battery module first to test boat performance with electric propel outboard and find out accurate amp draw for your special boat setup in diffrent speed. After initial boat testing, then you can easily figure out how many such battery modules required to get the boat speed and travel duration you want. You can easily parallel link up to 4 expandable battery modules to form a larger capacity battery bank by using our Scalable Battery Hub (QuadCell, see product photo below). You can use two such hubs to link 8 battery modules. Each battery module is light weight for one person to carry around. Each module has its own battery management system (built-in BMS) and charger. We have developed 3 models of battery module for diffrent electric boats, 48V20AH,48V30AH and 48V50AH. Their features and functions are basically same except they have different capacities. All have its built-in LED meter and support blue-tooth connection to Android smart phones. There is free downloadable App to show battery information, like voltage, current drawn, capacity remaining, internal temerature and GPS speed of running boat.
Hold and Turn Picture below to View Product in 360 Degree, Product Name: QuadCell
We choose the most safe LiFePO4 battery type for our expanable battery modules, the materials used inside battery cell will not cause any fire or explosion. The quality of cell is very consistent and can last more than 2000 charging cycles. Its C-rating is 3 times, that means a single 48V50AH module can output 150A continuosly. That's why you can buy just one or two battery modules first, to test the outboard motor performance and get amperage to calculate before you know the exact battery capacity you need.
For example, your trial boat testing shows you the motor current drawn from battery module is around 65A, if you need to operate your boat for 3 hours, then you need 65A*3H=195Ah battery capacity to meet your minimum requirements, this tells that you have to buy 4 sets of 48V50AH (4*50Ah=200Ah) battery modules all together.
Why we choose 48V system for outboard motor and battery pack, because it is safe for human and easy to pass local government safety regulations.
Of course, you can always buy other type of batteries from third party suppliers you can find locally, as long as its output voltage is 48V, and capacity is enough to drive the electric outboards.
Sports Series :
Leisure Series :
Accessories for Teleflex/Remote Control:
Teleflex Cabling Set, Stainless Steering Wheel, Remote Control Joystick Set